Megaphone is looking for a Senior Accountant to work at our fun and fast-paced podcast technology and ad services company. The Senior Accountant role is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to be a part of a smart close knit team and rapidly growing business. This role will be a part of the Finance & Accounting team, while working closely with various departments to support our core business and broader company initiatives. This position will report to the Accounting Manager and is based in Washington, D.C..
- Prepare/review monthly general ledger journal entries
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts and review for variances or discrepancies
- Review monthly bank settlements and receipts prepared by Staff Accountant
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements
- Support the finance team and upper level management by preparing and analyzing ad hoc reports as needed
- Develop and implement accounting processes by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Prepare statements for partners and answer any related inquiries
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Review accounts payable for completeness and accuracy
- Review billing calculations and uploads to ensure customers are billed correctly for services offered
- Manage collections efforts on aged receivables
- Communicate effectively with customers to answer questions and resolve any billing issues
Requirements and attributes of the ideal candidate:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is preferred
- A minimum 2 years of experience in accounting or another related field
- Experience with general ledger functions and month-end close process
- A working knowledge of accounting processes
- Great attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to organize and coordinate tasks
- Prior experience in public accounting and CPA are a plus
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Megaphone is committed to excellence through diversity, which involves attracting talented people from diverse backgrounds and traditions. We encourage everyone to apply.